Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2023-03-31 at 01:31 +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> I think that we don't need to change for the latter case as
> WalSndWait() perfectly works. As for the former cases, since we need
> to wait for CV, timeout, or socket writable we can use
> ConditionVariableEventSleep().

For this patch series, I agree.

But if the ConditionVariableEventSleep() API is added, then I think we
should change the non-recovery case to use a CV as well for
consistency, and it would avoid the need for WalSndWakeup().

Regards,
    Jeff Davis