Re: Was: fetch first rows of grouped data - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Sebastian Ritter
Subject Re: Was: fetch first rows of grouped data
Date
List pgsql-sql
Sorry my last post isnt complete.

This would have to be part of a sub select. It would be more lilke:

SELECT * from cities LEFT OUTER JOIN (SELECT c.id as city_id, event.id FROM cities c LEFT OUTER JOIN events e ON (c.id = e.city_id) WHERE c.id = cities.id ORDER BY e.date DESC LIMIT 2) as x ON ( cities.id = x.city_id)

I think that would work.

Seb