libpq++: how do I qualify by table name a resulting field when there are duplicate field names - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nicolae
Subject libpq++: how do I qualify by table name a resulting field when there are duplicate field names
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

I'm having a little problem with libpq++. Works great for everything else
I'm doing.

Table CUSTOMERS and TABLE deals are joined by CUSTOMERS.NUMBER =
DEALS.CUSTOMERNUMBER

Both tables have a NUMBER field (in the CUSTOMERS table this represents the
customer number, in the DEALS table this represents the deal number - they
are not joined).

SELECT * FROM customers, deals WHERE customers.number = deals.customernumber
AND customers.number = 1;

When I do

database->GetValue (0, "number");

I get back the number field of the customer table.

But I want the number field from the deal table too.
How do I get it?

database->GetValue (0, "deals.number")

gives me an error.

Thanks for your help.