Add hint for function named "is" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Add hint for function named "is"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
CREATE FUNCTION pg_temp.is() RETURNS text LANGUAGE sql AS $$SELECT
'x'::text$$;
SELECT 'x'||is();
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "("
LINE 1: SELECT 'x'||is();

I was finally able to figure out this was because "is" needs to be
quoted; is there a way this could be hinted?

FWIW, the real-world case here comes from using pgTap, which has an is()
function. I've used that countless times by itself without quoting, so
it never occurred to me that the syntax error was due to lack of quotes.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461