Re: "Interrupt requested" in postgresql-DAY.log - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "Interrupt requested" in postgresql-DAY.log
Date
List pgsql-general
Louis Battuello <louis.battuello@etasseo.com> writes:
> I have a PostgreSQL 9.3.4 database running on CentOS 6 with PostGIS 2.1.2. Each night, I run a cron job to dump
(pg_dump)a few schemas for development snapshots. Everything runs without error.

> However, it seems that the dump process consistently results in a single line in the postgresql-*.log file. Oddly
enough,this entry seems to ignore the log_line_prefix configuration parameter.

> postgres@db:/var/lib/pgsql/9.3/data $ cat pg_log/postgresql-Fri.log
> Interrupt requested

That probably represents some non-Postgres bit of code deciding to bleat
to stdout or stderr.  The logging-collector mechanism is designed to catch
such output coming from a backend process, but it can't stick a
log_line_prefix on it.

What exactly is bleating, I can't say.  A quick grep confirms that there
is no such string in the Postgres sources, but I dunno about PostGIS.
If you've got any code in plperl, plpython, etc, the culprit might lurk
somewhere there.  glibc might even be to blame, though I don't think it
ordinarily prints error messages.

            regards, tom lane