Re: Require details that can we set characters length of a password to a User account in PostgreSQL Database. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Require details that can we set characters length of a password to a User account in PostgreSQL Database.
Date
In response to Require details that can we set characters length of a password to a User account in PostgreSQL Database.  ("Sonai muthu raja M" <Sonaimuthu.Raja@sifycorp.Com>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2022-03-01 at 08:18 +0000, Sonai muthu raja  M wrote:
> Kindly help us to know that can we set characters length of a password to a User account in PostgreSQL Database.
>
> Please do the needful since the information require for auditing purpose.

There is no way to do that.

You can use the "passwordcheck" extension, but that will only work for clear-text
passwords.

Your only real option is *not* to use passwords in the database, but to authenticate
with an external service like Kerberos or LDAP.  Then you can enforce the password
rules there.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe