Re: ehm... - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ehm...
Date
List pgsql-bugs
andrea gelmini <andrea.gelmini@linux.it> writes:
> On ven, gen 11, 2002 at 01:56:12 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yup, it looks like a bug to me.  Apparently a CLOG segment has been
>> recycled too soon.  We just found a bug of that ilk in sequence
>> processing, but VACUUM doesn't touch sequences, so apparently you have
>> a different bug.  Please submit details.
> yes, i will retry tonight.
> what kind of info do you want?
> by the way i can give you script and the rest of things you need (and it will be very
> easily for you to reproduce the problem... the script is very simple, and
> schema is nothing more than a few tables).

Yes, I would like a copy of your script.

I just found and fixed a problem that could lead to this kind of failure
(reference to an already-deleted CLOG entry).  However, I'm not sure
that the problem I fixed could affect VACUUM itself.  Please update from
cvs (make sure you get src/backend/utils/time/tqual.c v 1.46) and then
see if you still see the problem.  If you do, a backtrace from the point
where elog() is called would be really helpful.

            regards, tom lane