Re: pre-commit triggers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pre-commit triggers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> On 11/24/2013 06:42 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> I think we should be thinking harder about how to implement
>> ASSERTIONs, possibly calling them ASSERTION TRIGGERs not pre-commit
>> write event triggers.

> I don't know that anyone is working on this, though, or even plans to.

Huh?
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1384486216.5008.17.camel@vanquo.pezone.net

It's far from committable, of course, but there is somebody working on it.

I tend to agree with the complaints that pre-commit triggers in the
proposed form would be pretty useless.  You'd have to code in C to get
any useful information about what the transaction had done (and you'd
still not have much), but if you're coding in C there's already a hook
you can use for this.