Re: Select statment question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Lebedev
Subject Re: Select statment question
Date
List pgsql-general
Is this what you need?

Select dt1.text as name, dt2.text as description
From dictionary_optiongroup do, dictionary_text dt1, dictionary_text dt2
Where  dt1.label=do.name
And    dt2.label=do.description

Cheers.

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Anton Nikiforov [mailto:Anton.Nikiforov@loteco.ru]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 12:59 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Select statment question

Dear All,
could you please help me with writing select statment for the following:
I have two tables dictionary_text
label| Text
-----+------------------------
23   | General
24   | Internet
25   | General option group
26   | Internet option group

And
dictionary_optiongroup
  id | name | description
----+------+-------------
   0 |   23 |          25
   1 |   24 |          26

How should i write SELECT statement to get the following:
name     | description
General  | General option group
Internet | Internet option group

I understand that maybe this question is not for this list, but my
brains stuck with this select. Could you please help.

Best regards,
Anton