Re: Deferrable constraints - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Lebedev
Subject Re: Deferrable constraints
Date
List pgsql-general
Hmm,
I really need to disable that unqiue constraint temporarily during the
table update. I tried to mess with pg_constraint and pg_index, but
didn't figure out how to do this.
Any ideas from system schema buffs?
Thanks.

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruno Wolff III [mailto:bruno@wolff.to]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 11:37 AM
To: Oleg Lebedev
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Deferrable constraints

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 11:20:15 -0600,
  Oleg Lebedev <oleg.lebedev@waterford.org> wrote:
> Are there any plans to implement deferrable unique constraints?

It is on the TODO list (http://developer.postgresql.org/todo.php):
* Allow DEFERRABLE UNIQUE constraints

This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential material intended for the named recipient only.
If you are not the named recipient, delete this message and all attachments.
Unauthorized reviewing, copying, printing, disclosing, or otherwise using information in this e-mail is prohibited.
We reserve the right to monitor e-mail sent through our network.