7.2.1 to 7.3b1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Lebedev
Subject 7.2.1 to 7.3b1
Date
List pgsql-general
I am moving my database from postgres v7.2.1 to v 7.3b1
I used v7.2.1 pg_dump to dump data from table dtcol and then used v7.3b1
pg_restore to import this table data in a new database. I got the
following error:
pg_restore: ERROR: $1 referential integrity violation - key referenced
from dtcol not found in datatable.
Note that dtcol references another table 'datatable', which I didn't
import. I though this would be ok, since triggers are disabled before
data is restored in dtcol table.
A bigger problem is to dump and restore the whole database. Since tables
are restored in an order that doesn't follow referential integrity
restrictions between tables, I wasn't able to move my database to
v7.3b1.
What is the correct way to move a db to 7.3b from an older version?
Thanks.