DBLink problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Lebedev
Subject DBLink problems
Date
List pgsql-general
I was having problems with dbLink package earlier, but with your help I was able to solve them with PostgreSQL v7.3b.
Now, I am trying to port my solution to v7.2.1, which I am currently using. Every other time I run my procedures I get the following error:
 before or while processing the request.

So, I have several questions in regards to this:
1. How can I debug this problem and find out what exactly is the cause of the error?
2. Can I use dbLink, which comes with v7.3b with v7.2.1?
3. How stable is v7.3b and should I just move to it without trying to port my procedures to v7.2.1?
4. Can I configure v7.3b to be able to use the same database as v7.2.1? I tried and got an error saying that data dir was initialized by v7.2.1 and is not compatible with v7.3b

Thank you.