Re: How to get schema name in which TEMPORARY table is created? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How to get schema name in which TEMPORARY table is created?
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Gnanakumar" <gnanam@zoniac.com> writes:
> We're using PostgreSQL v8.2.3.

> How do I get the schema name in which TEMPORARY table is created using
> "CREATE TEMP TABLE mytable ...." syntax?

Do you need the real schema name, or will the "pg_temp" alias be
sufficient?

regression=# create temp table foo(f1 int);
CREATE TABLE
regression=# select * from pg_temp.foo;
 f1
----
(0 rows)

Note: I think that this might not work in 8.2.3 --- I seem to recall
that it was added as part of the CVE-2007-2138 fix, which appeared in
the 8.2.x series in 8.2.4.  However, there are many good reasons for
you to update to something later than 8.2.3 anyway.

            regards, tom lane