pg_dump and pg_restore relative to the schema - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Armand Pirvu (home)
Subject pg_dump and pg_restore relative to the schema
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi

I have a table in a db called csi_logs and it resides in it;s own schema called csilog
I need to move it to a totally different database but with a different schema called csidev

1 - I took the table ddl
/usr/pgsql-9.5/bin/pg_dump --username pgdba --format plain --file  /var/lib/pgsql/armandp/csireg.csilogs --schema-only
-dcsireg --table=csi_logs

2 - Replaced csilog with csidev in csireg.csilogs

3 - In the new db , which has the schema csidev, I created the table using the DDL from (2)

4 - pg_restore fails
-bash-4.2$ /usr/pgsql-9.5/bin/pg_restore --username=pgdba --format=c /var/lib/pgsql/armandp/csireg.csilogs.data
--data-only --dbname=csilog --table=csi_logs
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 3553; 0 29955 TABLE DATA csi_logs pgdba
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "csi_logs" does not exist
    Command was: COPY csi_logs (log_id, log_time, log_server_name, severity_level, log_message, json_data, stack_trace)
FROMstdin;

Bu the table is there . So is the schema  also embedded in the data file ? I am going plain format now to see but if
thatwould be the case, why embed the schema in a data only file ?
Any other gotchas ?

Thank you
Armand