Re: Timeout error on pgstat - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Timeout error on pgstat
Date
List pgsql-admin
Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au> writes:
> On 08/02/2012 04:27 AM, Anibal David Acosta wrote:
>> I have a lot (maybe 1 every 10 seconds) of this error WARNING:  pgstat
>> wait timeout
>>
> A quick search suggests this can be due to excessive I/O. However, this
> thread:
> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/pgstat-wait-timeout-td5078125.html
> sounds very similar to your issue. I'm wondering if there's a bug
> lurking in there somewhere.

Yeah, a lot of us are wondering that.  In principle, only a ridiculously
high load could result in triggering this message, but some people can
reproduce it under what apparently isn't very high load.  If we could
identify what's different about their setups, maybe we could figure out
what's going on.

            regards, tom lane