Re: Ideal hardware configuration for pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Grant
Subject Re: Ideal hardware configuration for pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04 May 2001 23:38:04 +1000, Justin Clift wrote:

> When I checked the Promise site about a week and a half ago, there
> wasn't any mention of Linux support, and doing a quick search for it
> around the Net didn't find any Linux support for this controller either.
>
> Does anyone know of working Linux drivers for it?

Guess who has one...

The driver is a real pain to install because binary only. The thing does
smoke when it runs though!

Some IDE stuff trashed my server and I blamed the Promise card when in
fact it was a bad IDE port on the MB. I have it in another machine now.

There are issues with kernel 2.4.x read Alan Cox's ramblings on it.

Cheers

Tony Grant
--
RedHat Linux on Sony Vaio C1XD/S