JDBC Naming conventions (was Re: RE: Another Problem Connecting to JDBC7.0) - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Peter T Mount
Subject JDBC Naming conventions (was Re: RE: Another Problem Connecting to JDBC7.0)
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Quoting "B.N.V. Raman" <raman@myself.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I think one of the solutions may be to uninstall jdk1.3 and install
> jdk1.2.2. I had to do that to get my stuff working. Remember, the
> jdbc7.0-1.2 driver notation means you are connecting to jdk1.2, not
> jdk1.3.

That's correct, 1.x refers to the JDK version (as 1.2 and 1.3 are different in
a few small ways).

For info, this is my naming convention:

jdbcx.x-y.ye

where:

x.x - PostgreSQL Minor version, ie 7.1
y.y - Java JDK it supports, ie:
      1.1 for JDK1.1.8 (aka JDBC1.2)
      1.2 for JDK1.2.x Standard Edition
      1.3 for JDK1.3.x Standard Edition

e   - If present ee indicates the enterprise edition (currently JDK1.2 only).
      ie: jdbc7.1-1.2e

I'm currently writing these down for the dev web pages...

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter@retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/