Re: Getting weird pg_tblspc error, has anyone seen this before? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Getting weird pg_tblspc error, has anyone seen this before?
Date
List pgsql-general
Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> writes:
> The exact error is(as reported from PG Admin III):
> ERROR: could not open tablespace directory "pg_tblspc": No such file or
> directory

This must be coming from calculate_database_size().  Is
$PGDATA/pg_tblspc actually missing?  If the guy has no custom
tablespaces, I can believe that nothing except pg_database_size()
or pg_tablespace_size() would try to touch that subdirectory, so
he might not otherwise notice that it'd gone missing.

> The user also claims that the error only occurs when running the query
> locally i.e. localhost, but when he runs the query from a different PC
> it works and he gets a result set back.

That's kind of in the category of "I don't believe it".  I suspect pilot
error, ie he was talking to a different postmaster.

            regards, tom lane