Re: [BUG] views and functions on relations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUG] views and functions on relations
Date
Re: [BUG] views and functions on relations  (Alex Pilosov <alex@pilosoft.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Alex Pilosov <alex@pilosoft.com> writes:
> In latest 7.1 (checked out 2 days ago from CVS), I see following
> behaviour:

> create table foo(x int4);
> create function xx(foo) returns int4 as ' return 0;' language 'plpgsql';
> create view tv2 as select xx(foo) from foo;

> users=# \d tv2
> ERROR:  cache lookup of attribute 0 in relation 21747 failed

Okay, this is a simple oversight in ruleutils.c: the rule dumper doesn't
have logic to handle whole-tuple function arguments, such as (foo) in
the above example.  Will fix.

> HOWEVER, 'select * from tv2' succeeds (sometimes). Sometimes it fails with
> the same error (cache lookup failed).

The ruleutils.c bug cannot explain this however, since ruleutils won't
even be invoked.  Can you find a sequence to reproduce it?