Re: FW: [NOVICE] From a real novice - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tamir Halperin
Subject Re: FW: [NOVICE] From a real novice
Date
List pgsql-general
in /var/db/pkg I have:

postgresql-7.2.2
postgresql-7.3.1

/usr/local/pgsql/data/PG_VERSION contains 7.2
There are a few other copies of the file in the base subdirs and they also contain 7.2

libpq-fe.h is in /usr/local/include

there's actually a directory called /usr/local/include/libpq and it contains a file called libpq-fs.h
should I be worried about that as well?

there's also a /usr/local/include/posgresql/ as well as a /usr/local/include/postgres_ext.h

there's a /usr/local/lib/libpq.a and the lib directory contains many other similarly named files (libpq.so, etc as well
aslibpgeasy.a and others)

/usr/local/bin contains psql as well as postgres* and postmaster@ -> postgres

I also have /var/db/pkg/postgresql-7.2.2/ as well as /var/db/pkg/postgresql-7.3.1/ directories