Datatypes in embedded SQL - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Mic
Subject Datatypes in embedded SQL
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hey all.

I've a question on embedded sql.
Thing is, I'm trying to declare a struct in the embedded SQL part in my C
program, but the preprocessor complains about an 'unknown data type in line
162'. Is it not possible at all in Postgres to declare a structure? I tried
writing out the DBstruct in the SQL DECLARE section, that didn't work
either.
When i don't use the struct, passing 4 variables instead, all goes well.
I Am using Postgres server 7.0.2, and the pgcl preprocessor, running under
Mandrake Linux.

Regards,
Mic

preveously defined:

typedef struct {  int  line_nr,       type;  char nick[10],       line[161];
} DBstruct;

/* ------------------------------------------------------DBinsRecord--------
does   : Inserts a line in the db
args   :
*/
static int DBinsRecord (  DBstruct *Values
)
{  EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;   DBstruct *pRec = Values;  EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;
  EXEC SQL     INSERT INTO channel     (line_nr     ,nick     ,type     ,line)     VALUES     ( :pRec->line_nr     ,
:pRec->nick    , :pRec->type     , :pRec->line);

  return (sqlca.sqlcode);
}