Re: synchronous commit in dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: synchronous commit in dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2010/2/23 Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec>:
> Hi,
>
> it's safe to set synchrounous_commit to off in a pg_dump generated
> script? if yes, would this help to the performance of restore a
> database?

It might help if you're dumping as individual inserts and not COPY,
but if you're doing that you're not asking for performance in the
first place. I don't really see how it would help in any other cases -
sync_commit=off helps when you have many small transactions, which
really is the opposite of pg_dump/pg_restore.