Re: pgsql: Make RADIUS authentication use pg_getaddrinfo_all() to get - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pgsql: Make RADIUS authentication use pg_getaddrinfo_all() to get
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wednesday, February 3, 2010, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> mha@postgresql.org (Magnus Hagander) writes:
>> Make RADIUS authentication use pg_getaddrinfo_all() to get address of
>> the server.
>
> Looks like the mingw machines don't have in6addr_any.

*grumble*

> Perhaps instead of depending on magic constants, you should have the
> code use what "localhost" resolves as, comparably to pgstat.c.

Uh, but those are not the same. If we bind to localhost we can't
communicate with non-localhost addresses. inadds_any corresponds so
0.0.0.0/0 which you are specifically *not* supposed to use - you
should use the magic constant and not a manual such.  And I don't know
if there is a symbolic name that corresponds to it at all?

Pgstat only talks locally so that's a completely different thing.

/Magnus

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/