Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2010/2/1 Matteo Beccati <php@beccati.com>:
> On 01/02/2010 03:27, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>
>> Matteo Beccati wrote:
>>
>>> Incidentally, I've just found out that the mailing lists are
>>> dropping some messages. According to my qmail logs the AOX account
>>> never received Joe's message yesterday, nor quite a few others:
>>>
>>> M156252, M156259, M156262, M156273, M156275
>>>
>>> and I've verified that it also has happened before. I don't know
>>> why, but I'm pretty sure that my MTA was contacted only once for
>>> those messages, while normally I get two connections (my own address
>>> + aox address).
>>
>> Hmm, I see it here:
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4B64A238.1050307%40joeconway.com
>> Maybe it was just delayed?
>
> But not here:
>
> http://archives.beccati.org/message-id/4B64A238.1050307%40joeconway.com
>
> Anyway, I guess that on production we'll have a better way to inject emails into Archiveopteryx rather than relying
ona email subscription, which seems a bit fragile. It's been ages since I last set up majordomo, but I guess there
shouldbe a way to also pipe outgoing messages through a script that performs the delivery to AOX.

Does the MBOX importer support incremental loading? Because majordomo
spits out MBOX files for us already.

One option could be to use SMTP with a subscription as the primary way
(and we could set up a dedicated relaying from the mailserver for this
of course, so it's not subject to graylisting or anything like that),
and then daily or so load the MBOX files to cover anything that was
lost?