Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matteo Beccati
Subject Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/02/2010 03:27, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Matteo Beccati wrote:
>
>> Incidentally, I've just found out that the mailing lists are
>> dropping some messages. According to my qmail logs the AOX account
>> never received Joe's message yesterday, nor quite a few others:
>>
>> M156252, M156259, M156262, M156273, M156275
>>
>> and I've verified that it also has happened before. I don't know
>> why, but I'm pretty sure that my MTA was contacted only once for
>> those messages, while normally I get two connections (my own address
>> + aox address).
>
> Hmm, I see it here:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4B64A238.1050307%40joeconway.com
> Maybe it was just delayed?

But not here:

http://archives.beccati.org/message-id/4B64A238.1050307%40joeconway.com

Anyway, I guess that on production we'll have a better way to inject
emails into Archiveopteryx rather than relying on a email subscription,
which seems a bit fragile. It's been ages since I last set up majordomo,
but I guess there should be a way to also pipe outgoing messages through
a script that performs the delivery to AOX.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/