Winflex - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Winflex
Date
Re: Winflex  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Using
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/misc/winflex/

on a 64-bit windows, but in 32-bit mode (this certainly used to work),
trying to build HEAD.

first of all, it returns error code 128 when running "flex -V", which
means our script claims it doesn't work. Commenting out that check, it
crashes along the line of:
Running flex on src\backend\utils\misc\guc-file.l    14 [main] flex 2372 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Sometimes it doesn't crash, but do this instead:
Running flex on src\backend\parser\scan.l
c:\gnuwin32\bin\m4.exe:stdin:16769: ERROR: end of file in string
Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 128 returned from 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\cm
d.exe'.

If I run it a couple of times, it eventually completes. But then bombs
out because the generated files aren't complete.

Anybody else seen this? Am I forgetting something typical?