Re: More broken links in documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: More broken links in documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2009/12/8 Thom Brown <thombrown@gmail.com>:
> 2009/12/8 Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
>>
>> I wrote a small script to check our SGML, and the following links are
>> returning not found in our docs:
>>
>> ftp://ftp.ora.com/pub/examples/nutshell/ujip/doc/cjk.inf
>> in charset.sgml, detailed info about some charsets. Do we just remove
>> this? Anybody know if similar info is available elsewhere?
>>
>> http://db.cs.berkeley.edu/~jmh/
>> reference to a professor at berkeley whos work it's based on. I
>> suggest we just remove the link, but obviously keep the name.
>
> The link http://db.cs.berkeley.edu/jmh/ works.  Could you replace it with that?

Clearly my google-fu was failing me badly. I have no idea why. Changed to that.

Also, the rtree one appears to be at
http://best.berkeley.edu/~adong/rtree/index.html - first hit in my
second attempt to google it, no idea how I missed it.

>> http://www.cs.ut.ee/~helger/crypto/
>> General technical references link in pgcrypto with no more details.
>> Suggest we just remove it.
>>

> I've found http://research.cyber.ee/~lipmaa/crypto/ works.  Looking at the Google cache for the original link, it
appearsto contain the same stuff.

Yeah, same comment about google-fu. Thanks!