Re: Problem to use remote cygwin server using ssh and native psql 8.3.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Problem to use remote cygwin server using ssh and native psql 8.3.5
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 12:35, Jukka Inkeri <pg@awot.fi> wrote:

> I have installed cycwin and sshd in my Windows server.
>
> I have Winnative psql.exe (8.3.5)
>
> If I use cygwin locally in this server and give command in cygwin session:
>   psql -h somehost -U someuser -d somedb
> it works fine
>
> But if i use via ssh same way, then no echo ... and process hang.
>
> I have tested remote ssh and local
>
> Cygwin session
>   ssh localhost
>   => connect local, ...
>   psql -h somehost -U someuser -d somedb
>   will hang
>
> Cygwin old native psql 8.2 works, but I like to use newer psql = Win native
> psql.exe
>
> tested using Cygwin 1.5.x and 1.7.x
>
> Ssh tty problem using Windows native psql.exe  ?

The native psql is written for Windows, not for Cygwin. You really
shouldn't be using it there... If you are using Cygwin, you should be
using a Cygwin psql.exe.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/