Re: [BUGS] BUG #4961: pg_standby.exe crashes with no args - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #4961: pg_standby.exe crashes with no args
Date
Re: [BUGS] BUG #4961: pg_standby.exe crashes with no args  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 16:10, wader2<wader2@jcom.home.ne.jp> wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>
>> I can't reproduce a crash here on BSD:
>>
>>        $ pg_standby
>>        pg_standby: not enough command-line arguments
>>
>> Can you show us the command and the crash text?
>
> I guess this occurs on only windows (Japanese envionment?).
>
> C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\bin>pg_standby.exe
>
> results no text on command line, Windows error dialog.
>
> AppName:pg_standby.exe AppVer:0.0.0.0 ModName:msvcr80.dll
> ModVer:8.0.50727.762   Offset:000091ad

I have reproduced this. The problem is:(void) signal(SIGUSR1, sighandler);(void) signal(SIGINT, sighandler);    /*
deprecated,use SIGUSR1 */

None of these signals exist on WIN32. I think the only reason it
compiles at all is that we bring in *some* of our signals emulation
code, but certainly not all of it.

If I just move those two lines into the #ifndef WIN32 block just
around it, it compiles and doesn't crash on running-with-no-arguments.
I haven't tried to actually use it though - can someone confirm if
this will actually make pg_standby not work properly?