Re: Missing include in be-secure-openssl.c? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Missing include in be-secure-openssl.c?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> The rough idea I have is that prior to 8162464a2, we sucked in
> that #define during postgres.h and then OpenSSL's headers were
> able to undo it.  After 8162464a2, we don't read <wincrypt.h>
> during postgres.h, but some *other* header that be-secure-openssl.c
> is including after the OpenSSL headers is pulling it in, so that
> by the time we get to the body of the file the unwanted #define
> is active.

This indeed seems to explain the compile failures, as hamerkop is
now getting through the "make" stage.  However, it's now failing
in the plpython tests [1], apparently because Python itself doesn't
like the locale environment:

Fatal Python error: init_sys_streams: can't initialize sys standard streams
LookupError: unknown encoding: cp20127

Did something change on that machine in the last day or so?  Because
plpython seems to have been working fine in the back branches.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=hamerkop&dt=2021-11-08%2010%3A08%3A22