Re: BUG #17385: "RESET transaction_isolation" inside serializable transaction causes Assert at the transaction end - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17385: "RESET transaction_isolation" inside serializable transaction causes Assert at the transaction end
Date
In response to Re: BUG #17385: "RESET transaction_isolation" inside serializable transaction causes Assert at the transaction end  (Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: BUG #17385: "RESET transaction_isolation" inside serializable transaction causes Assert at the transaction end  (Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> writes:
> I've attached a draft patch for discussion.

Hm, I think that trying to RESET a GUC_NO_RESET variable ought to
actively throw an error.  Silently doing nothing will look like
a bug.

(This does imply that it's not sensible to mark a variable
GUC_NO_RESET without also saying GUC_NO_RESET_ALL.  That
seems fine to me, because I'm not sure what the combination
GUC_NO_RESET & !GUC_NO_RESET_ALL ought to mean.)

            regards, tom lane