Re: Unable to drop sequence due to dependency? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unable to drop sequence due to dependency?
Date
List pgsql-general
Glen Parker <glenebob@nwlink.com> writes:
> I can't drop a sequence.  I get the error "cannot drop sequence
> <sequence name> because other objects depend on it".  I've tried to use
> the pg_depend table to find out what object(s) depend on it, and have
> found nothing.

What's the whole contents of the rows with refobjid matching the
sequence's OID?  In particular, classid::regclass would tell you
where to look for the dependent object.

> Any hints?  What type of objects can depend on a sequence?

Typically, the default expression for a serial column based on the
sequence.  It's a bit odd that the DROP doesn't tell you about it
though.

            regards, tom lane