Re: [GENERAL] Auto-Rollback option - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Auto-Rollback option
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Auto-Rollback option  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Re: [GENERAL] Auto-Rollback option  (Moreno Andreo <moreno.andreo@evolu-s.it>)
List pgsql-general
On 2/13/2017 7:15 AM, mpomykacz wrote:
> So my problem is like this:
>
> I start the transaction with BEGIN TRANSACTION;
> Then I have for example some INSERTs to DB
> and at the end COMMIT; and END TRANSACTION;

COMMIT ends the transaction.   In PostgreSQL, END TRANSACTION is
redundant, equivalent to COMMIT, do one or the other, not both.

> But if one of this INSERTs causes error, the transaction will stop (but it
> is still open and next patch is implemented within the same transaction).

Patch ?

> When I turn the Auto-Rollback on everything is ok : in situation like this
> my transaction is automatically rollbacked and closed.

there is no autorollback option in standard PostgreSQL ?

> But I do not want to do the Auto-Rollback click manualy in the Option menu
> or query editor window (because I can not be sure that the person who will
> run the patch would remember about this click).

option?   query editor window?     what software are you talking about?

> I'm using 1.22.1 version.

1.22.1 version?     PostgreSQL versions currently supported are 9.2.x to
9.6.x