Re: [HACKERS] Status report: long-query-string changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Status report: long-query-string changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Leon <leon@udmnet.ru> writes:
>> A simple fix would be to check the current size after lexing of that
>> accumulated string buffer, and if it is non-zero then elog(ERROR) a
>> complaint. Perhaps a more general fix would be to ensure that you are
>> never in an exclusive state after all tokens are processed, but I'm
>> not sure how to do that.

> The solution is obvious - to eliminate exclusive states entirely!
> Banzai!!!

Can we do that?  Seems like a more likely approach is to ensure that
all of the lexer states have rules that ensure they terminate (or
raise an error, as for unterminated quoted string) at end of input.
I do think checking the token buffer is a hack, and changing the rules
a cleaner solution...