Re: [DOCS] Extending PostgreSQL Using C - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [DOCS] Extending PostgreSQL Using C
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> Boulat Khakimov wrote:
>> ERROR:  Can't find function encrypt in file /[full path here]/encrypt.so

> Can _postgres_ user read /[full path here]/encrypt.so ?

Presumably so.  If he were unable to load the .so file, he'd be getting
a different error message.  This message indicates that he got past the
load step, but dl_sym is unable to resolve the symbol "encrypt".

I asked about the symbol names shown by nm(1), but got no answer ...

            regards, tom lane