cannot create new user in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From joydip@cal2.vsnl.net.in
Subject cannot create new user in postgres
Date
List pgsql-admin
  Hi all

    I have tried to configure the pg_hba.conf with

   local        all
                                                                   trust
   host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255     trust

   then i tried to run

   psql -h localhost template1

   but any of my domain failing to use postgresql .

   They are showing error re no entry in pg_shadow.

   though it was running in root ok with user postgres

   Thanks in advance for the help

  Joydip Chakladar
  www.allindialive.com