Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 occasionally slow down - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ho Fat Tsang
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 occasionally slow down
Date
List pgsql-performance
2007/7/3, Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>:
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, Ho Fat Tsang wrote:

> I noticed that for each time the pgsql slow down, there is a short
> period a process called "pdflush" eating up lot of I/O. I've goolgled
> and know it is a process for writing dirty pages back to the disk by the
> Linux kernel.

The pdflush documentation is really spread out, you may find my paper at
http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/linux-pdflush.htm a good place to
start looking into that.

When i found the "pdflush" process is the major clue of PG slow down, i googled and found this article !
it is a really good one for tuning pdflush ! Thank a lot !

       match