Re: CREATE USER - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CREATE USER
Date
Re: CREATE USER  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-docs
Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> I just notice that when you create a user using CREATE USER and give
> the user the ability to create other users it gets created as
> SUPERUSER.

Are you talking about the CREATEUSER option?  That is documented, quite
clearly I think:

    CREATEUSER
    NOCREATEUSER

    These clauses are an obsolete, but still accepted, spelling of
    SUPERUSER and NOSUPERUSER. Note that they are not equivalent to
    CREATEROLE as one might naively expect!

The only way we could really make this any better is to remove these
keywords, which might be something to consider.  The preferred SUPERUSER
spelling has been accepted since 8.1 ... is that long enough to ensure
everyone's converted their client-side tools?  Probably not :-(

            regards, tom lane