Re: Duplicate Key violation on dump&reload using pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Duplicate Key violation on dump&reload using pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-general
"Markus Wollny" <Markus.Wollny@computec.de> writes:
> I'm currently trying to migrate one of our databases from PostgreSQL 8.2.4 to PostgreSQL 8.3.1. I have worked around
theTsearch2 migration (we used the contrib module) without too much hassle, but find myself stuck at an unexpected
point- I get a duplicate key violation for the primary key on one of my tables:

Maybe there actually is a duplicate key in the source DB --- have you
checked?  There were some bugs in early 8.2.x releases that could
possibly allow that to happen.

            regards, tom lane