Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add configure option --with-system-tzdata to use operating system - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add configure option --with-system-tzdata to use operating system
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> FWIW, hardwiring plus an environment variable would seem to address all
> currently known und unknown requirements, and is not so totally
> different from solutions to previous, related problems.

I think we are converging on the recognition that Zdenek was right the
first time.  I'd go for plain hardwired --- I think an environment
variable is more likely to be a foot-gun than anything useful.
(Recall the original argument that choosing to use an external TZ
database is not something to be done lightly.)