Re: SQL feature requests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: SQL feature requests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Aug 23, 2007, at 12:25 , Ben Tilly wrote:

> It is already extended in postgres.  For pretty good reasons.

Yes, this particular point is moot. Whether or not the reasons are
good is another thing and a difference of opinion.

> I'm not surprised that the window clause section is impenetrable to
> you.  Window clauses are part of the definition of analytic functions,
> which postgres does NOT yet implement.  However they are on the todo
> list.

And being worked on, from what I gather. Just not for 8.3. So
hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net