Where is locking done? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lawrence M. Kagan
Subject Where is locking done?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Here's my dillema:

We are currently building a site with multiple machines to run our website
and client sites as well.  I would like to run the postgres binary on 2
machines concurrently to assist in load balancing.  $PGDATA will be kept on
a RAID 1+0.    I need to know where postgres does it's row & table locking. If it's done in memory, I've got some
problems! If it's done at or near

the $PGDATA directory (which sounds like bad performance decision) that
would be piece of cake.    Any advice or ideas on this issue would be
GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Larry

--