Re: new compiler warnings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: new compiler warnings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> And I see this warning:
>>
>> compress_io.c:597: warning: passing arg 2 of `gzwrite' discards
>> qualifiers from pointer target type

> I can remove this warning by casting the pointer to (void *), rather
> than (const void *) because that is what the prototype uses on my system
> uses (libz.so.1.1.4):

Casting away const manually isn't much of an improvement, and will more
than likely provoke warnings of its own on other compilers.

Aren't you overdue for a zlib update?  I'm pretty sure there are known
security bugs in 1.1.4 (which dates from 2002).  I see no such warning
with zlib 1.2.3, which itself isn't exactly wet behind the ears (2005).