Re: errors with 8.1 make on Solaris - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: errors with 8.1 make on Solaris
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 07:53:52PM +0000, Janet Bagg wrote:
>> I'm getting errors at the make stage for 8.1.0 on Solaris 8 despite
>> configure looking ok.

> Obviously isinf() is missing. Is it a documented function on that
> platform? Is there any indication which library it is in? It's
> obviously not in libm.

What's even odder is that configure makes a point of testing for isinf,
and we substitute our own routine if it's not there.  There's a note
in configure.in about how it's a macro on some platforms, but it sure
looks like all the bases ought to be covered.

Look at the part of config.log for the test to see if isinf exists ---
maybe that will tell something useful.

            regards, tom lane