Re: Poll: are people okay with function/operator table redesign? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Karlsson
Subject Re: Poll: are people okay with function/operator table redesign?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 4/14/20 4:29 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> writes:
>> For the old tables I can at least just make the browser window
>> ridiculously wide ro read them.
>
> A large part of the point here is to make the tables usable
> when you don't have that option, as for example in PDF output.
>
> Even with a wide window, though, some of our function tables are
> monstrously ugly.

Sure, but I wager the number of people using the HTML version of our
documentation on laptops and desktop computers are the biggest group of
users.

That said, I agree with that quite many of our tables right now are
ugly, but I prefer ugly to hard to read. For me the mix of having every
third row split into two fields makes the tables very hard to read. I
have a hard time seeing which rows belong to which function.

Andreas