Re: Using both ident and password in pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Using both ident and password in pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/9/2016 1:18 PM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
Basically I think that pg_hba.conf is missing a feature.  We can
specify the database, the user and the address but we can't specify the
authenticated user.  When it sees this;

provided user name (x) and authenticated user name (nobody) do not match

I would like it to connect with user x but drop to password
authentication.

'ident' is only secure over local 'domain' sockets, not over tcp/ip.

that said, you can use an ident user map to do what you want, this would say '"nobody" can log on as A, B, or C'