Re: tweak to a few index tests to hits ambuildempty() routine. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From a.kozhemyakin@postgrespro.ru
Subject Re: tweak to a few index tests to hits ambuildempty() routine.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Yes, with MAX_CONNECTIONS=1 and -O2 the function ginbulkdelete() is
reached while the vacuum test.
But my point is that after 4fb5c794e5 for most developer setups and
buildfarm members, e.g.:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=guaibasaurus&dt=2022-09-25%2001%3A01%3A13
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=tayra&dt=2022-09-24%2020%3A40%3A00
the ginbulkdelete() most probably is not tested.
In other words, it seems that we've just lost the effect of 4c51a2d1e4:
Add a test case that exercises vacuum's deletion of empty GIN
posting pages.  Since this is a temp table, it should now work
reliably to delete a bunch of rows and immediately VACUUM.
Before the preceding commit, this would not have had the desired
effect, at least not in parallel regression tests.