Re: Charset Win1250 on Windows and Ubuntu - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: Charset Win1250 on Windows and Ubuntu
Date
List pgsql-general
On 21 Dec 2009, at 10:26, Durumdara wrote:

> So if I have Python and pygresql, can I set this value in Python?
> The main problem that I don't want to set this value globally - possible another applications want to use another
encoding....

Sure you can, just execute SET client_encoding TO 'WIN1250' once you've set up your connection. You can even do that
betweenqueries if your client encoding requirements change between queries.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4b2f51b9228057414011521!