Re: Postmaster failing to start on reboot - Mailing list pgsql-general

From surabhi.ahuja
Subject Re: Postmaster failing to start on reboot
Date
List pgsql-general
The error

 "If you're sure there are no old server processes
> still running, remove the shared memory block with the command "ipcr
> m", or just delete the file
> "/export/home1/sdc_image_pool/dbx/postmaster.pid".

was looged in the Postgres Log file that i give at the time of starting postmaster.
how do i check my system logs to get further info?
I am sorry i am still in the learning phase .

thanks
Regards
Surabhi