Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachability attributes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachability attributes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
mlw <markw@mohawksoft.com> writes:
> (1) const or constant
> (2) cacheable
> (3) volatile

I was wondering about "const" for case 1, also.  I think there is some
precedent for using "const" with this meaning in other programming
languages.  "volatile" for case 3 seems reasonable.

> Tom: My mail doesn't reach you. As an AT&T user, you block my machine's IP
> address with the anti-spam blocking. :-(

Sorry about that.  I like 510sg's dnsbl list precisely because it's
aggressive, but sometimes it's too aggressive.  I can whitelist you
if you have a stable IP address ... is 24.147.138.78 a permanently
assigned address, or not?